In the unlikely event of a shooter or armed individual on campus, it is crucial to call 911 immediately or contact 校园安全 (901-843-3880). 训练有素，反应迅速有效, the Memphis Police Department and Rhodes 校园安全 officers are prepared for such situations. 然而, 每个场景都是独一无二的, so it is important to assess your surroundings and make the best decisions to protect yourself.
The Department of 首页land Security offers additional suggestions for staying safe during an active shooter situation.
避免 . . .
If there is an accessible escape path, attempt to evacuate the premises. 一定要:
- Evacuate regardless of whether others agree to follow
- Prevent individuals from entering an area where the active shooter may be
- Follow the instructions of any police officer
- 呼叫 911 immediately or 校园安全 (901-843-3880) 当你安全的时候
否认 . . .
如果无法疏散, find a place to hide where the active shooter is less likely to find you. 你的藏身之处应该:
- Provide protection if shots are fired in your direction (i.e., an office with a closed and locked door)
- Do not trap yourself or restrict your options for movement
To prevent an active shooter from entering your hiding place:
If evacuation and hiding out are not possible:
- 刻度盘 911 immediately or contact 校园安全 (901-843-3880) if possible to alert police of the active shooter’s location
- If you cannot speak, leave the line open and allow the dispatcher to listen
捍卫 . . .
作为最后的手段, and only when your life is in imminent danger, attempt to disrupt and/or incapacitate the active shooter by:
- Acting as aggressively as possible against him/her
When calling the police, attempt to provide the following information:
- The exact location and number of shooters, if known
- Description of the shooter, type of weapon, number of hostages, if any
How to react when law enforcement arrives:
- 保持冷静, and follow officers’ instructions
- Immediately raise hands and spread fingers
- 避免 making quick movements toward officers such as holding on to them for safety
- Do not stop to ask officers for help or direction when evacuating, just proceed in the direction from which officers are entering the premises